close

RuPay Card Transactions are increasing but not yet that satisfactory

RuPay Cards at ATMs
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
RuPay Card Symbol at HDFC ATM
RuPay Card Symbol at HDFC ATM

Though under Jan Dhan Scheme of opening Bank Accounts and providing cheap plastic cards to masses, crores of RuPay cards were distributed, it is still not the leading medium of transaction. Nearly 80% of such cards are linked with Jan Dhan Accounts which see low volume of transaction, almost negligible percentage. Remaining 20% of cards are with other account holders. Its primary usage has been limited to usage at Bank ATMs and few e-commerce sites. Although NPCI says that it is accepted by more than 10000 websites, it is rarely supported by essential sites other than e-commerce. The problem is that due to sharing of commission of by Visa and Master Cards, few essential service providers are not switching to it anytime soon.

Many of sites that don’t yet support it natively include several educational websites where students have to make online payments. Not even central bodies like ICAI or trade promotion councils have native support for it. Instead they were quick to link up wallet services like PayTM for surely incentives, technically brokerage commission for their services for which they are already supposed to be charging full amounts.

With renewed focus on cashless economy and promotion of Card payments, RuPay card payments are surely increasing but what remains to be seen is that its adoption for other than transaction at ATMs and POS to challenge the dominance of Master and Visa Cards in web. In current season of economic experiments undertaken by government to promote card transactions with incentives not limited to just discounts and lotteries, what is surely missing is that focus by government and NPCI to make wide acceptance of its featured RuPay Cards hold by 17 crores for usage as primary general purpose cards and not limited at ATMs and POS. After all, when discounts are used to promote card payments, it can certainly provide benefits to merchants and persuade essential service providers to integrate payments by RuPay Cards to integrate this huge no. of virgin card holders.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Tags : Jan Dhan AccountsRuPay
Raj Kumar

The author Raj Kumar

I love blogging and studying taxation. I write articles related to Tax laws and common issues in handling taxation in India. Often, common but small mistakes make things complicated. I write and share them to save precious time of others.

Leave a Response

0
Connecting
Please wait...
Send a message

Sorry, we aren't online at the moment. Leave a message.

Your name
* Email
* Phone
Begin Online Chat Now

Need help? Save time by starting your support request online. Simply, enter your Name, Email & Phone no. to begin online Chat Help Service.

* Your name
* Email
* Phone
We're online!
Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?